Good Morning Hairspray Crew! Below are a few notes and reminders.
1. Please remember that our transfer to North begins tomorrow (Monday) at 12 PM. Please help me know how to plan by signing up. Visit https://www.charmsoffice.com/charms/calendar.asp?s=elinhsdm and select the "Transport to North" link and then click on the multi-colored hand. There are several slots to let me know whether you are bringing just manpower, manpower and a truck, or manpower and a trailer. The more folks we have involved, the quicker and easier this process will be. I hope to have everything transported by 2 PM. After that, we will work to build and get everything set up. Students will be transported by bus from East to North. The bus will leave North coming back to East at 5 PM.
2. Hopefully, your actor has shared with you our solution to our transportation woes. If not, I want to make sure you have that information. Last year, we had two weeks at North prepping and performing Hairspray. The bus to transport students to and from North during that time was almost $500. With 3 weeks at North this year, a more expensive show, and fewer sponsors, I simply can't cover that. We considered carpooling, but I don't feel comfortable having that many students driving and carpooling daily. So, after polling some of the students and parents, we have decided to collect $15 from each participating student to cover the cost of transportation. This bus will travel to and from North for each rehearsal and for each performance. If you have any questions about this, please let me know.
3. I want to thank all of the parents that have already signed up to handle a rehearsal meal. We have all the meals covered for this upcoming week! You will never know how important those meals are. The kids don't have to bring dinner or leave campus, and we are able to focus more on rehearsing. Thank you! Meals are still needed February 25 forward. Use the same link above to access those sign-ups. Again, feel free to team up to provide meals! You all are the best!
4. FLYERS! Do you have places you can put up flyers for us? If so, please stop by and pick some up or have your student pick some up for you. We want to try our best to get as many behinds in the seats as possible to cover the cost of this show.
5. Have you liked/followed us on social media? If not, please take a moment to do that today. All of our pages are listed below. Beginning tomorrow, please help us push out our daily posts on your personal pages. We want to connect with as many people as possible, letting them know the dates and encouraging them to join us for one of our performances.