East Lincoln On Stage
We are approaching the finish line and that means we are also approaching our long evening rehearsals. During these rehearsals, I ask for cast and crew families to help us with meals. This keeps the students from having to bring a meal with them to school or leaving campus to get food.
This cast and crew is large, so I realize that it is a real commitment to bring a full meal. On this sign-up, I have opened five spots in case multiple parents want to work together on a meal.
If you are planning to bring a full and do not need any additional help, please sign up for all five spots.
If you would like to work as a group, just sign up for a slot and tell us what you are bringing.
In the past, some parents have preferred to donate money and have someone else prepare the meal. We do have an alum parent that is willing if this is something you are interested in doing.
Please note that we do have a few food allergies such as mint, eggs, and nuts.
Below is the sign-up genius link.
I want to thank you in advance for helping us make this work as we head into our most intense rehearsals.
Good Afternoon Everyone!
We are getting closer and closer to opening night and it is wonderful to see things starting to come together! The work completed at yesterday’s workday was significant and will lead to lots more finished products this coming week.
There are a few quick things I want to bring to your attention.
Thank you for all the encouragement you are giving to your children. This is going to be a great show and I think the community is going to LOVE IT!
I hope you are all well and that you aren't singing "Be Our Guest" in your sleep. There are a few areas where we could use some help and a couple of things just to keep you up to speed. I will try my best to keep it short and to the point.
1. We are currently in our annual sponsorship and advertisement drive for 2022. This is not something we do for each show. We do it at the beginning of the calendar year and it covers all productions January through December. We receive most of our sponsorships and advertisements from businesses that have a direct link to our students and their families. If you have a connection that you feel might be interesting in being a part of what we do, please consider reaching out to them. All of the information can be found at eastlincolnonstage.org/sponsor and I am always available to answer any questions that might come up. Our deadline to get things into the Beauty and the Beast playbill is Friday, February 18.
2. The first show of the calendar year is when we run our annual raffle. We sell tickets throughout the production and then draw for prizes the week following closing. Lots of businesses, especially chains, are not able to support us through financial contributions, but are able to donate goods of some kind. If you have a connection to a business that might be willing to make such a donation, please consider reaching out to them. Obviously, our raffle will go much better with more prizes and more variety. Gift certificates and gift cards are common, but TVs, hotel accommodations, and event tickets are all items that come up from time to time. Our goal is to collect all of our items before February 18, but we can always add more items afterwards and promote that the options are growing.
Please consider reaching out to at least one business/organization whether for sponsorship and ads or raffle donations. All contributions are tax deductible and we will provide any necessary documentation they might need.
3. Parent Ads & Cast/Crew Shout-Outs are also available for Beauty and the Beast. These are personalized "ads" that are specifically for a particular show. Parent ads and cast/crew shout-outs are half the price of a year-long ad. Full page ads are $75, half page are $50, and business cards are $25. The deadline for these ads is also Friday, February 18.
**Please note that we are willing to help anyone person, business, or organization create an ad for the program. We don't want the creation part to stand in the way of them participating.
4. Tickets are currently on sale for all productions. Please help us spread the word. eastlincolnonstage.org/tickets
5. We will be having Lumiere's Palace Party on February 26. This is an event designed especially for young viewers. The guests will arrive at 11 am to play games, take pictures, and do some crafts with the characters from the show. They will have lunch with their Beauty and the Beast friends before viewing an enhanced performance of the show. Tickets for one adult and one child are $50 and that includes all of the activities, pictures, lunch, and the show. Tickets are limited. Help us share this event with our younger patrons.
6. Flyers will be available on Monday and we would love to have some help getting those out around the community.
**You may hear some questions about tickets being more expensive for this show. That is true because Beauty and the Beast is more expensive to produce. Costumes alone are significantly more because we have to rent quite a few. It is my hope that everyone will find it worth it after they see the show.
Please let me know if you have questions about any of these items and thank you in advance for your help!