East Lincoln On Stage
I hope you are all well and that you aren't singing "Be Our Guest" in your sleep. There are a few areas where we could use some help and a couple of things just to keep you up to speed. I will try my best to keep it short and to the point.
1. We are currently in our annual sponsorship and advertisement drive for 2022. This is not something we do for each show. We do it at the beginning of the calendar year and it covers all productions January through December. We receive most of our sponsorships and advertisements from businesses that have a direct link to our students and their families. If you have a connection that you feel might be interesting in being a part of what we do, please consider reaching out to them. All of the information can be found at eastlincolnonstage.org/sponsor and I am always available to answer any questions that might come up. Our deadline to get things into the Beauty and the Beast playbill is Friday, February 18.
2. The first show of the calendar year is when we run our annual raffle. We sell tickets throughout the production and then draw for prizes the week following closing. Lots of businesses, especially chains, are not able to support us through financial contributions, but are able to donate goods of some kind. If you have a connection to a business that might be willing to make such a donation, please consider reaching out to them. Obviously, our raffle will go much better with more prizes and more variety. Gift certificates and gift cards are common, but TVs, hotel accommodations, and event tickets are all items that come up from time to time. Our goal is to collect all of our items before February 18, but we can always add more items afterwards and promote that the options are growing.
Please consider reaching out to at least one business/organization whether for sponsorship and ads or raffle donations. All contributions are tax deductible and we will provide any necessary documentation they might need.
3. Parent Ads & Cast/Crew Shout-Outs are also available for Beauty and the Beast. These are personalized "ads" that are specifically for a particular show. Parent ads and cast/crew shout-outs are half the price of a year-long ad. Full page ads are $75, half page are $50, and business cards are $25. The deadline for these ads is also Friday, February 18.
**Please note that we are willing to help anyone person, business, or organization create an ad for the program. We don't want the creation part to stand in the way of them participating.
4. Tickets are currently on sale for all productions. Please help us spread the word. eastlincolnonstage.org/tickets
5. We will be having Lumiere's Palace Party on February 26. This is an event designed especially for young viewers. The guests will arrive at 11 am to play games, take pictures, and do some crafts with the characters from the show. They will have lunch with their Beauty and the Beast friends before viewing an enhanced performance of the show. Tickets for one adult and one child are $50 and that includes all of the activities, pictures, lunch, and the show. Tickets are limited. Help us share this event with our younger patrons.
6. Flyers will be available on Monday and we would love to have some help getting those out around the community.
**You may hear some questions about tickets being more expensive for this show. That is true because Beauty and the Beast is more expensive to produce. Costumes alone are significantly more because we have to rent quite a few. It is my hope that everyone will find it worth it after they see the show.
Please let me know if you have questions about any of these items and thank you in advance for your help!
Hello everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas here in the tropics of Denver!
I am very excited to get started on Beauty and the Beast, and I hope that your child is as well! We kick off our preparations next week with our B&B Boot Camp. During this time, we will jump start our regular rehearsals by working through the music, some of the bigger choreography, and blocking while laying some ground work for the set. We will meet Monday through Thursday from 12 pm to 5 pm. Next Thursday, we will also kick off our Sponsorship Drive for 2022. You will be getting more information about this at the beginning of the week, but we put the kids in teams and they spread out into the community visiting businesses and organizations who might be willing to sponsor or advertise with us. If you have a special connection to a business or organization, please let us know!
Tickets for Beauty and the Beast will open on Saturday, January 1, but as a parent you have access a couple of days early. Starting TODAY, you can purchase tickets for any of the performances by using the code BBCAST. If you have any issues, please let me know and I will be glad to help.
You will also see tickets available for our promotional party, Lumiere's Palace Party. Students and adults with tickets to this event will arrive on Saturday morning, February 26 and have a private crafts, games, and activities session with the cast. They will have lunch with the characters, have some photo opportunities, and then enjoy a special enhanced performance of the show. Students must be accompanied by an adult for this event. Help us spread the word, and yes, your BBCAST code will work on these tickets as well.
Hopefully, you all saw the list of important dates that I shared with the cast. In case that didn't make it to you, those dates are below. Please note the MANDATORY events which are CRUCIAL to the overall success of the production. I would appreciate any and all help reinforcing that these are not optional.
I plan to release a parent update each Sunday just to make sure we are all on the same page. Remember, you can always visit eastlincolnonstage.org/parents to read the current and past updates.
If you have questions moving forward, please let me know!